Friday, December 21, 2012

On Weighing In & the Sickies

I almost forgot to do my weekly scale hop this morning, but was pleasantly surprised with a 1.6lb loss. :)

I only hit the gym once this week, due to a crazy schedule and an illness. I've had a sore throat, chest congestion with cough, ear pain, and sinus pressure since Monday. I went to my regular endocrinologist on Wednesday for my quarterly check-up and he listened to my lung sounds and immediately prescribed me a Z-pack. I've felt absolutely awful since then - my daily breakfast is my Z-pack, Delsym, DayQuil, tea with lemon and honey, and a large Wawa Chicken Noodle soup. Yesterday, DH brought me home lidocaine throat stuff, so I've been using that as well.

DH thinks I have the flu. I got a flu shot this year (like every year) but he thinks that the extra progesterone suppressed my immune system and that's why I'm so bad right now. I had a much less intense illness similar to this about 3 weeks ago, so he thinks I never fully got over that and now, here I am. I also have an itchy rash on my hip/butt cheek where he was doing the progesterone injections, so I am probably dying and falling apart, lol. He says if I'm not better by Sunday, I'm paying his urgent care a visit. LOL.

Tomorrow I go for my ultrasound and bloodwork and should know my injectible protocol by tomorrow night. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I have the plague too and it has been miserable -- haven't coughed this hard in ages. I also got a flu shot. Entirely possible that the progesterone is suppressing your immune system -- I know mine is shot right now! I'm glad they gave you an rX -- I went to urgent care and they said there was nothing they could do! So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete