Thursday, October 18, 2012

On My 2nd Medicated Cycle - Tamoxifen/Ovidrel/IUI/Progesterone

My 2nd Medicated Cycle was to be 20mg Tamoxifen CD3-CD7, an ultrasound and bloodwork on CD12, and an Ovidrel trigger to spur ovulation 36 hours prior to IUI, and then IUI.


Tamoxifen, compared to Clomid, was a breeze. I still felt a little moody, but not nearly as bad as when I was on the Clomid.

When I went for my CD12 ultrasound and bloodwork, Dr. VD saw 4mm lining, and a 20mm follice on right. Not exactly a stellar response, and the thin lining was still an issue. He mentioned that next cycle, I should take estrogen after the Tamoxifen to try to thicken up my lining, but again, didn't seem very concerned. I mentioned that I may want to switch to injects if this doesn't work, and he suggested I set up another consult appointment for it.

I got a call from the RE's office later that day stating that my bloodwork showed I was surging on my own, so I needed to do my trigger shot ASAP and come in for IUI the following day. This "shake up" of events really startled me. I was very concerned about timing and about my lining and the follicle size. Neither my lining nor the follicle would have any time to grow before IUI. We went ahead with it, but I did not feel confident at all. However, in looking at my chart after IUI, I thought I was for sure pregnant. Of course, I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment