Monday, December 31, 2012

On Freedom Fertility

I just wanted to take some time to write about obtaining my fertility medications through my prescription's preferred pharmacy, Freedom Fertility.

Thankfully for us, DH's health insurance is amazing and most everything is covered, infertility-wise. The biggest hoop I had to jump through so far was figuring out the pharmacy services.

At my first RE's office, they had a mail-order pharmacy that they preferred to use. It took alot of research and phone calls, but I finally found out I needed to use Freedom. Then, at the new RE's office, they have an actual fertility pharmacy located in the same plaza as them. Another pain in the butt, but I have to use Freedom.

Overall, Freedom is awesome. The RE faxes in the prescription and then Freedom will call you to gather information like your shipping address, insurance information (if it's your first time using them), and a credit card for the co-pay. You just tell them when you need it and it's done. They even email you when the item has shipped. Everything comes via Fed-Ex next day delivery, you just need to have someone home to sign for the package. Every person I've come in contact with at Freedom is super nice and helpful.

Plus, for me, the costs are great. For example, this past cycle I forgot to order my HCG trigger through Freedom, so I had to get one through that pharmacy by the new RE's office. I paid $89 for an HCG shot that I normally pay $5 for with my insurance through Freedom. Thank god for good insurance. In general, all of my prescriptions through Freedom have cost around $5 each. They give me syringes for free and they even give me my own sharp shuttle box, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment