Thursday, December 27, 2012

On Cycle #12: IUI Tomorrow!

I went yesterday for my CD12 bloodwork and ultrasound. Ultrasound showed my lining at 5mm (boo!) but the grade was IE/TL - and I think TL is the optimal grade for when you are doing IUI. Also, my follicles grew to 19mm and 14.3mm. I had to do 1 last Menopur shot in the afternoon, and then I triggered last night at 7pm. The awesome part is that we were at a bar, so I brought my trigger shot with me, and my friend injected me in the bathroom of the bar, lol.

Overall, besides some bloating and cramping - no side effects with the Menopur. One thing I noted is that between ultrasounds, my follicles didn't grow as much as I thought they would. I definitely thought I'd see more of a "boost", but besides adding an additional follicle to the mix (which I'm hoping grows a bit more so it releases tomorrow, as well), it seems to have kind of stunted the growth of the original follicle. Plus, I'm not seeing the huge improvement in my lining that I'd hope I'd see.

Something I've learned, as sort of a defense mechanism I guess, is not to get my hopes up. I go into each ultrasound not having high hopes for my lining. I go into each IUI not really thinking it will work. Of course, there is always that devastation when it doesn't work - but it has helped my mental health a bit. I remember how sad I was when that first Clomid/IUI cycle didn't work. I was utterly devastated - I thought for sure it would be IT. And since then, each failing cycle has almost hurt a little less. I hate the idea of having lost hope, but I think I'm kind of at that point. I go through all of the motions and I'll do whatever the doctor and nurses say, but I never really think we'll be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment