Friday, December 28, 2012

On Cycle #12 & IUI #4

I had my 4th IUI today - maybe fourth times the charm?

I had to drive to a further office because, due to the fire at my RE's office, they aren't doing procedures there. I definitely needed the "avoid ghetto" button on the GPS today, good lord.

Anyways, I got there and had my ultrasound. It showed the bigger follicle definitely released, but they were unsure if the smaller follicle released, although they think it did. My lining was only 5mm IE. The IUI nurse said that the lining measurement today isn't as important as what it looks like in 3 days. She said that they'll start me on the Endometrin tomorrow and the progesterone injections tomorrow. I go back in a week for bloodwork and ultrasound to see how the lining is doing. At this point, I really have no clue what else we could possibly do to boost up this lining, ya know? I have faith the progesterone injections will do the trick.

I turned my normal Negative Nancy thoughts into positive thoughts today. I refuse to let my lining number affect my thinking. We had 1, possibly 2, good eggs in there, great timing, and 30 million or so strong swimmers to work with. The progesterone injections are going to help my lining, the Lupron is going to help implantation and this is going to be my cycle. While I laid  there for the 20 minutes, I just kept thinking "those little guys are going to find my egg and it's going to be great." That's how I'm thinking today. :)

Edited to add: That was the most uncomfortable IUI I've ever had. I was feeling super crampy all morning, and what normally feels like a Pap felt very uncomfortable, almost painful. The IUI nurse said that sometimes when you release a large follicle, or multiple follicles, the fluid stays in your abdominal cavity and that's the pain/cramping you feel. Here's to hoping that different means good things.

2 comments:

  1. Spermies are going to find both eggs! This is it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoid Ghetto Button should be available on ALL GPS units. Although it would probably not be "PC" to have that option...

    I personally hope & believe different is good... FX

    ReplyDelete