Monday, November 5, 2012

On Progesterone

I had long suspected that low progesterone is what was causing my luteal phase defect. I had been using Endometrin 200mg 2x daily during my IUI cycles, starting at 3DPO, as per my old RE. With my new RE, he has me using the Endometrin 200mg 3x daily from 2DPO on.

The biggest side effect, for me, with the Endometrin is the discharge. Holy crap. I should just about buy stock in the thong pantyliners because you need to use so many. I was warned about this, but really don't know how bad it's gonna be until you start using it. One thing I noticed with this cycle is that some days, I have no discharge, like my body is just sucking up all that progesterone, lol.

Another side effect of the progesterone is how crazy it makes you. I notice the change immediately, I feel extremely irritable, plus it makes me fatigued. The other bad/good side effect is that it gives me beautiful looking charts because of the increased BBT.

I hate using the Endometrin but if it results in my take home baby, I'll be fine with it. I've already been told I'll need to use it throughout the first trimester of any pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment