Wednesday, November 14, 2012

On Getting Back on my WLJ Grind - Wednesday Check-In

I've done Weight Watchers 3 times.

The first time was after a break-up with an ex after a 3 year relationship when I was about 24 years old and weighed about 154 - which was the most I'd ever weighed. I ended up losing about 16 lbs then, getting down to 138lbs. I was working out 5 times a week, doing weight training and cardio, and had a personal trainer.

The second time was after another break-up with an ex after a 1.5 year relationship when I was about 27 years old and weighed about 160 - which was the most I'd ever weighed. I ended up losing about 10 lbs then, getting down to 150lbs. I wasn't working out at all.

The third time was after I got engaged to DH and wanted to lose weight for my wedding when I was about 29 years old and weighed about 174 - which was the most I'd ever weighed. I ended up losing about 20 lbs then, getting down to 154lbs. I was working out 3 or so times a week, doing weight training and cardio, and had 2 personal trainers during that time.

It blows my mind that in my latest try at WW, I got down to the weight I was when I started the first time about 6 years earlier. Cra-zy.

Right now, I'm about 10lbs over what I weighed at my wedding. I had gained weight from our 2 week wedding and honeymoon, and frankly, just never got back on the WW or working out grind since then. I've "re-dedicated" quite a number of times, but just never got off the ground with it. Plus, let's add in another vacation, and the awesome side effects of weight gain and water retention from the fertility drugs/Endometrin, and the stress of this whole thing - and we have an overweight, un-toned, bloated Denielle.

I'm so over it.

So, this time, for real, I'm getting back on my weight loss and working out grind.

I started tracking my food again today, and I have a 'date' with a friend to workout at the gym this afternoon. Yes, I've been paying my gym membership and WW membership fees this whole time... ugh. And I hate to waste money.

My goal is to hit the gym today, Saturday, and Sunday and track my food - all the gory details - all week. I'll be back here next Wednesday to post how I've done. My weigh-in day for WW is on Fridays, and I don't want to change that, so I'll post my progress with my goals on Wednesdays and starting next week, my weigh-ins on Fridays. Accountability is key here, and even if no one is reading this, post it for all the internet to see should be good motivation. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Why is it so freaking hard to just Get it with weight loss? Good luck girl. I know you'll kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your weight loss journey! I am also trying to lose weight. I cut down calories and have started going to the gym.

    ReplyDelete