Sunday, November 11, 2012

On Cycle #10


I think I can officially call myself as "out" for Cycle #10. I tested again today, at 14DPO, and got a BFN. Tomorrow, I go to the RE's office for my beta and progesterone bloodwork. Usually, they'll call you in the afternoon with the results and instructions for the next cycle. I'm sure it'll be another monitored cycle, with possible IUI, and progesterone after ovulation.

As you can see, I stopped temping after the 2nd BFN. I'm starting to learn that the progesterone gives me absolutely beautiful temperatures and charts, but no pregnancy to go with it. The problem with this is that I get my hopes up based on the temperatures and nothing ever comes from it.

Every month, I start out extremely upset about the preceding month being a failure. A few days after AF starts, I find myself being hopeful again about the cycle. I'm hopeful up until around 8DPO, and then if my chart looks the same or I'm not "feeling" pregnant, I find myself slowly going into a downward spiral. I'm miserable, which also has to do with the Endometrin and the awful side effects, I'm hormonal, and I find myself almost depressed about the entire situation. I feel absolute despair and that dreaded "I'm NEVER going to get pregnant" feeling.

I feel like I cried alot more this cycle than I have in past cycles. Yesterday and today had a lot of time dedicated to absolutely awful crying. As a first, I really just cried and cried in front of DH about things. Usually I try not to get too upset in front of him about it, and just cry on my own. Friday, we were both in bed, he was napping and I was crying. It was pitiful, but it's amazing what some therapeutic crying can do for you. But last night we really discussed things, and my feeling of being a failure and that I'll never be able to get pregnant, which resulted in tears. And then we discussed it some more this morning, which resulted in more tears. I cried throughout my shower today.

I'm just at the point where I'm in complete disbelief that this hasn't happened for us yet. I've already had to let go of the fact I won't be able to get pregnant without the use of the progesterone, that I won't be able to get pregnant like most other couples, by just enjoying my husband and being carefree. I've resigned myself to the fact that to get pregnant, I'll need to visit the RE's office several times a cycle to be poked and prodded. I've taken on charting and temping, and all the stress that goes with it. A little piece of you died each time you have to come to the realization that things aren't going to be easy for you with this and that things aren't going to happen on your timeline or how you pictured. I just feel as if I cannot do much more to make this happen, and yet, it's still not happening.

I spent the past few days racking my brain, trying to figure out what the fuck I did so wrong or so badly for us to be going through this. I know I haven't been a perfect person but there is nothing in my past that I can think of that warrants this type of pain and hurt. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment