Thursday, June 13, 2013

On 25w6d growth scan

I had a growth scan this morning for the babies. Both babies look great, big, and healthy!

Ryder was laying sideways across the lower part of my belly. He is weighing in at 2lbs.

Brynley is breech and trying to snuggle up under my ribs. She is weighing 2lbs 1ounce.

They are both around the 65th - 75th percentile for all of their measurements. But, the measurements are based upon singleton babies. So, the fact they are so big and measuring so well is even better since they are twins.

The perinatologist said I'm doing a great job growing them. I felt like a very proud mama :)

I also had a consult with the perinatologist about my blood pressure and possible pre-eclampsia. Overall, she is much less concerned than my OB. She said my protein was at 228 (with 300 being the marker for pre-eclampsia), and that even with my "high" just-get-into-the-doctor's-office blood pressures, I wouldn't be diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. She said that they would get concerned once I start hitting stroke ranges, or 160/100. She also said because the babies are growing so well, it's another sign that I'm not having pre-eclampsia issues yet. And, she said I could have mild pre-eclampsia for a long time in the pregnancy and still be treated as an outpatient, basically, just have a close eye kept on me.

She said that my OB is doing the right thing being cautious and concerned, but that he is doing everything right - just making sure I'm closely monitored. I go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound to see how they are growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment