Tuesday, February 5, 2013

On TWINS!

Originally written: Tuesday, January 29th, 7:40pm

I went for my 2nd ultrasound today at 6w4d. I was very nervous going into the ultrasound, because I worried that with my recent kidney stone, there would be an issue and the baby wouldn't have a heartbeat.

So, the ultrasound tech got underway and found the baby and the heartbeat. She showed us the heartbeat and then said she had to take a bunch of pictures but would explain things to us. We were just sitting there chatting, telling her she should try to find my kidney stone, lol. We are just bsing, and suddenly she says "what would you say if I told you there were 2?" I said "2 what?" (thinking she was talking about kidney stones, lol.) She said "2 babies!"

I immediately started bawling. DH just stared at the screen and stared at me. The first thing he said was "she was right!"

I've known since 2 days before my IUI, when we did the follicle scan and there were 2 follicles, that if it worked, it would be twins. At my IUI, when they said they couldn't really tell if the 2nd follicle released, I knew it had and had been texting my friends with "TWINS?" After I took my first test, I said to my BFF, I bet it's twins. And as my beta kept increasing, I just knew it. I was a little taken aback at my last ultrasound when there only showed 1, but she said it was too early to tell... and she was right!


Baby A had a heartbeat of 128bpm, and Baby B had a heartbeat of 120bpm. The nurse said everything looks perfect but did warn me of Vanishing Twin syndrome.

Right now, I'm just trying to be positive and trying to really enjoy all of the happiness I feel right now. I'm not sure I've ever smiled so much in my life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment