Wednesday, May 22, 2013

On 22w5d & Baby Names

We decided on the names for the babies a few days after our Gender Reveal party. I have loved Ryder throughout my pregnancy, and if it were 2 boys - it would've been Ryder and Reid. I was so thoroughly convinced it was 2 boys, I hadn't really thought of girl names. I always loved Bryn (Ava was my #1 girls name, but there are too many Ava's these days), but I wanted something different than just Bryn - so Brynley it is. I love both names because there won't be 30 of them in their classes at school. Thomas is for my dad, and Marjorie is for DH's grandmother who recently passed away.

We visited DH's dad in California around my 20th week of pregnancy. Honestly, flying that pregnant with twins wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I bought 2 bottles of water to keep hydrated, plus the drink service on the flight, and lots of snack options. I also brought along a couple of my breastfeeding books to keep me occupied, since I can't read on planes. We got Exit Row seats right near a bathroom, which was great because my bladder was definitely giving me a workout. I did have some back tightness after the flights, but my back has always been tight, so that's not a shock. I did also have some ankle swelling, but it went down only a few days after each flight. My biggest suggestion for flying with pregnant is to hydrate!!!

We had a great time in California, visiting with our best man, his wife, and their daughter (who is almost 2)... we had never met their daughter, so that was the best part. DH's dad was also always loving on my belly. When we were leaving to go home, he kissed my belly and talked to the babies. <3

Here's my 20 week belly in California. Also, here is DH & I in Cali.



I had an appointment with my OB last week. He is super happy with everything in the pregnancy, minus my hypertension when I come to his office. I swear that I just have white coat syndrome because my pressure is great at home. He told me to just continue logging my blood pressure at home because we need to keep an eye on it. I will be doing another 24 hour urine collection to check my protein in the urine, and in a few weeks, I will be doing another 1 hour glucose test. We also discussed birth control after the babies are born - I'm insistent that I'm done having babies after this pregnancy, but don't want to do anything permanent yet... so I'm thinking of the Paraguard IUD. The OB told me that in his professional opinion, I'm "not done having babies yet". LOL. I also discussed exclusively breastfeeding the twins with him, and he said that it'll be difficult, but that with what he knows of me, he knows I will do it.

As of this morning, I was up 24lbs, which puts me right on track with my twins book recommendation. I'm definitely feeling the weight gain more now. I'm seeing my chiropractor every 2 weeks or so to help with right hip pain, and I'm so hot at night that we had to turn our thermostat down to 66 (lol) and I'm sleeping in a sports bra and boy shorts - and still sleeping without covers most of the night. It's such an odd sensation, like only my belly feels hot. I'm still applying my cocoa butter every morning, and not a single stretch mark yet, which honestly shocks me. I know they are coming but I certainly thought they would be here already.

Our gender scan went really well, and it was amazing to see the babies in such detail. They have changed who is lower, and now Ryder (on my right) is technically Baby A. They were both super active, and were currently both breech position. I think Ryder may have flipped though, because he has been giving strong kicks in the top of my stomach. DH finally got to feel the babies kicking this past weekend. I felt so awful that he hadn't felt them yet.

Also, I got a surprise this weekend when 2 of my sisters flew in as a surprise, since they couldn't make the gender reveal party... it was great!

I plan on ordering our nursery bedding this week and we are working on estimates from painters to paint the nursery (and the rest of the house). It blows my mind that the babies could be here in 3 months!

Here's me at 21 weeks and 22 weeks (I'm finally starting to figure out how to take self pictures with an iPhone, lmao!)



Here is big brother Mojo loving on my belly.



And here are some baby feet. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment